You are cordially invited to attend the Annual General Meeting of Maharashtra Mandal (Singapore), to be held on Sunday 19th February 2017.
Programme is as follows:
12:30pm to 1:30pm - Lunch
1:45pm - Please be seated in AV Room
2pm to 5pm - Annual General Meeting
GIIS Queenstown campus,
1 Mei Chin Road,
Please do RSVP by 18th February 2017 to help us plan the logistics better and avoid under/over ordering of the food.
Please note that as per the Constitution, at least a quarter of the total voting membership or thirty (30) voting members, whichever is less, present at a General Meeting shall form the required quorum for the meeting. In the event of there being no quorum at the commencement of a General Meeting, the meeting shall be adjourned for half an hour (30 Minutes) and should the number then present be insufficient to form a quorum, those present shall be considered a quorum, but they shall have no power to amend any of the existing rules.
For attending the AGM, please renew your membership online.
The agenda for the meeting :
1. Reading and confirmation of the minutes of AGM held on 27th February 2016. (Link for 2016 AGM minutes)
2. Presentation and adoption of the Annual Report and Statement of Accounts for year 2016. (The Annual report will be presented in the form of slides).
3. Audit Report presentation by Honorary Auditors.
4. MMS-Property update from the subcommittee and the discussion from the Life Members’ Meeting held on 15th Jan, 2017.
Constitutional changes subject to ROS approval - agenda items 5 to 7.
5. Proposal to increase the limit on monthly expenditure permissible to the Ex-Co from $10,000 to $20,000. (Change in clause 8.3.4 of the constitution)
6. Proposal to increase petty cash expenses from Rs.1000 to Rs. 5000. (Change in clause 8.4.5 of the constitution)
7. Proposal to limit the grace period for membership renewal to 31st March. Membership will get cancelled on 31st March. (Change in clause 5.7 of constitution)
8. Adopt the AGM resolution for the changes in the constitution and amend the constitution accordingly. Changed Constitution to be submitted to ROS for approval.
AGM approval - agenda items 9 and 10
9. Proposal to abolish $10 registration fee and increase the membership fee for new and renewal to $30.
10. Budget $10,000 for purchase of new cupboards for library in 2017.
11. Any other points with the permission of chair.
12. Election of Executive Committee (Ex-Co) Members and Honorary Auditors for the next term (2017-2018) .
(Note : Depending on the applications received for participation in the Ex-Co, elections may be held in accordance with the MMS Constitution)
Please note the following Clauses of the Constitution:
8.1.1(a) --- A member interested (and if needed in contesting the elections) to be a member of the Ex-Co should fulfill the following criteria (a)shall be a member of the Association for the previous year immediately preceding the election(b)should be an active volunteer of the Association (c)shall be a resident of Singapore (d)their nomination should be either proposed or seconded by a BOA Member or a Life Member. Additionally, for the Office of President, he shall have the experience of being a member of the Ex-Co for at least one(1)year in the preceding three(3) years.
8.2.3-- Candidates shall submit the completed Nomination Forms specifying the post applied for in a prescribed format along with proof of membership renewal in sealed envelopes or send a scanned copy of the Nomination Form along with a scanned copy of the proof of membership renewal by email or by fax to the EC. Each candidate shall apply for only one position. In case the nomination form is sent by email or fax, the original form should be handed over to the EC before the commencement of the AGM.
Nomination forms may be received for following office bearers:
Public Relations Officer
Six (6) ordinary committee members
7.0 -- Unless prior approval in writing of the Registrar or an Assistant Registrar of Societies is obtained, majority of the Ex-Co shall be Singapore Citizens (SCs) or Singapore Permanent Residents (SPRs). In addition, the key posts in the Ex-Co should be held by SCs or SPRs. Foreign Diplomats shall not serve as Committee Members.
As per clarification received from ROS by email dated 10th May 2012, the “key posts” refer to the President, Secretary, Treasurer and their deputies. There is no restriction on the nationality of the other Executive Committee (Ex-Co) Members, however, majority of the Ex-Co shall be Singapore Citizens (SCs) or Singapore Permanent Residents (SPRs).
Therefore, all nominees are required to submit NRIC/FIN copies along with the Nomination Form.
Download the Applications/Nomination form for Executive Committee election if you intend to be a part of the Executive Committee 2017 (Link for Nomination form 2017)
Please email your completed Nomination Form to email@example.com or send the original signed copy by hand or post to one of the following addresses, so as to reach on or before 13th February 2017, 5 PM.
6, Boon Lay Drive,
Block 6, #10-13,
Manjiri Kadam 121 Lorong 2 Toa Payoh
760, Bedok Reservoir Road,
#04-01, Waterfront Waves,
Maharashtra Mandal (Singapore)
Established 1994 | UEN S94SS0093G20 Maxwell Road, #09-17, Maxwell House, S069113 Fax # : 63993699